Saturday, February 11, 2006

Glasses

This morning, I got up, put on my glasses and went into the living room. E. was in some weird pose, like a cat being petted, and I said, “Oh, you’re doing yoga?” (She’s a regular yoga doer.)

"No, I'm looking for something." Then I realized she was peering under the sofa. “Have you seen my glasses?”

"No."

She was looking at me now, and I suddenly felt guilty but didn’t know why.

“I swear I’d tell you if I saw them. You don’t believe me?”

She kept looking at me. Then she stood up and came closer. “Can I see your glasses?”

I whipped them off. They were her glasses. But, we have about the same prescription, and they are similar looking...except hers are green and not rectangular, like mine. I apologized and rushed to find my own glasses and came back wearing them:

"See, don’t they look identical?"

But the more I compared them, the more different they looked.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, Blogger FirstNations said...

new here. I like 'em too. Kind of Harvey Pekar, only no dolphins.
mind if i hang out?

 
At 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have the kind of surgery where sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their foreheads shoot you in the eyes. Then you won't have a need for glasses.

 
At 4:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via roses. Although I was looking for roses I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Say my #NAME#, biyatch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home