Sunday, October 21, 2007

Munich restaurant review

I had the most delicious meal last night for only 8 euros (including a glass of wine). If you want to try it, it's a little "cafe bistro" next to the Theresienstraße u-bahn station. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, other than that the words "cafe bistro" were in it, and it was next to a smoky, sad little beer room; I can't call it a pub, as it was fluorescent-lit, like a hospital waiting room, and there were only sad looking men in it…they looked like they were awaiting bad news of a loved one, too.

But, it was the only place in that neighborhood serving food at 8:30 PM. The ceiling seemed to resemble the roof of a cave, or perhaps just a generic hallucination. There was an Omar Khayam type scene painted on one wall, and slot machines lined up on the other. Except for the serving lady (who was very nice), there were only a few Persian men in it…two middle-aged guys were arguing, then suddenly, they stood up and hugged each other. I thought they were making out until I realized it was some emotional detente…maybe they finally agreed to let their son and daughter marry. Then they sat back down and one pounded his fist on his chest..they stared at each other and hugged again. I was already committed to leaving at that point, though, so I couldn't stay and watch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home